Magento OpenSource, Enterprise Commerce or Commerce Cloud: Which one is right for you?
In this article, we will let you know what’s the difference between Magento community and enterprise edition, and from these two which one is best suitable for your project. These questionse-commerce owners have in mind when deciding to go with the platform.
What is Magento Community edition ?
Magento community is an open source e-commerce platform that you can download it for free and you can build for your online storeand it’s open for editing to the third party developers. This is usually used for a small business owner, user can also modify the code as per their business requirements.
What is Magento Enterprise Edition?
Magento expertise edition is a paid version of Magento with premium features. It is made for those who think the Community edition is not sufficient. This is usually used for Medium or expertise/bigger level business.
Why Magento Enterprise Edition?
- Higher Transactions & volume
- Fast Growing business
- High Availability
- High Performance
- 24/7 Support
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Best Practices Guidelines
- Rich Merchandising
Enterprise Cloud Edition
Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environment which runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Cloud edition is a cloud hosting infrastructure which provide better scalability and features. It is also good for handling the large amount of traffic while being very flexible at the same time. It is based on AWS makes it a lot more accessible and trustworthy.
Which one to choose?
Magento community edition is the most practical choice for a smaller business whereas Magento Enterprise Edition is required by Larger and / or fast growing businesses.
If your business is growing to next level, then you should invest in premium platforms like Magento Enterprise Edition. However, Magento Community Edition is an open source solution meaning it is better for startup or small stores that doesn’t have huge requirements terms of sales volume.
Magento Community vs Enterprise Comparison
Now let’s start the comparison between community and enterprise starting with a price.
When Community Edition is a good choice for retail business
- If you’re online store has no more than 300,000 – 500,000 SKUs (Stock Keeping Units). These products have minimal attributes.
- If you’re not planning to expand your business in future.
- Your online product sell within one country, in local currency.
- If you have your own in house developer, you don’t need 24/7 support.
When Enterprise Edition is a good choice for retail business
- Your online store has more than 500,000 SKUs (Stock Keeping Units). These products have various attributes.
- Your store must have marketing and store functionality like gift registration, multiple Wishlist, discount, coupons etc.
- For your online store 24/7 Magento customer support is crucial.
- The product sells worldwide with different currencies and languages.
- Security solutions like PCI is essential for your store.